Tuesday, April 23, 2013

20 Things I Am Grateful For


I know this is a bit late--life (pleasantly) got in the way!

  1. Delicious gluten-free birthday cake
  2. Nearly equally delicious gluten-free pizza
  3. Lots of family and friends to celebrate with
  4. Ultimate acceptance of and loss of fear from entering "that decade" of my life
  5. A stress-free way of feeding an undetermined yet definitely large group of people
  6. A beautiful family (meaning me, my husband, and son) who daily prove that the past 30 years have not been wasted
  7. Gift cards!
  8. Birthday wishes from family, friends (online and in real-life), co-workers, and even students
  9. The most thoughtful instructional aide EVER
  10. Recognizing getting older as something to be proud of--a privilege rather than a punishment
  11. Faith in myself, my husband, and the future
  12. A new nightlight for my son
  13. The presence of my father and one of my two Best Friends at my birthday party
  14. My mother's kind heart
  15. My niece, Rui
  16. Coworkers I can depend on
  17. The continuance of a tradition--Indian food on my birthday
  18. Friends I can count on--even if it is just for help decorating for a party
  19. Clever ideas & people who are amused by them
  20. My son who lights up my world every day