Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break Projects 1-3

#1: Brannon's Surgery


Brannon had surgery yesterday to correct a small birth defect. The procedure was delayed a few hours, but we are glad to finally have it done. He's been such a trooper!


#2: Shailyn's Mission Call Opening


While we were waiting for Brannon to come out of surgery, Derek got a call from Shailyn. She had her mission call! We had previously volunteered our house for the family opening, so we had just a few hours to throw a party together. We got home from the hospital at 6:30, guests started arriving at 7:30, and Shailyn opened the call at 8:00. She's going to Adelaide, Australia!

Here is what I managed to throw together in about the 30 seconds I had for party planning:

Drinks: Delegate to my awesome father-in-law, Bret
Food: Send husband to store for snacks (potato chips, cottage cheese for dipping, & fruit tray); Raid Brannon's snacks from the pantry (Nilla wafers & Teddy Grahams)
Decor: Throw a large scrap of fabric on the counter, scrunch it up, and use pretty bowls
Party Game: Give everyone a Post-it and pen to write down where they think Shailyn will be called & stick them to the wall
Photo Op: Steal Brannon's chalkboard, find a piece of chalk (in the dirt area in our backyard), & scrawl a quick message


#3: A Mission-Call Memento


I am so proud of Shailyn, and I decided to make something to help her remember one amazing moment. I had a basic idea of what I wanted to do, and with some playing around on PicMonkey.com, this is what I came up with. Pretty neat, huh?

What spring projects have you been up to?

1 comment: