Sunday, March 24, 2013

20 Things I am Grateful For This Week


Occasionally, I get thrown into a black mood in which I am flooded by negative thoughts, self-doubt, and anxiety. Typically, these moods are short-lived, and with a little effort, I can pull myself out of them. Just such a mood struck an hour or two ago, and listing some of the things for which I am grateful seemed like a good step to brightening my outlook.

  1. One full week of paid vacation--no questions asked
  2. Lots of projects to keep me busy (and give me a sense of accomplishment)
  3. My amazing son, who has stayed so cheerful and upbeat, even while he was recovering from surgery
  4. A husband who readily complied when I called with strange, unexplained requests like, "Tell me to go with the cheaper option"
  5. Owning & decorating my own newly renovated, well-sized and affordable home
  6. Excellent friends who are both easy-going and fun to be around
  7. Benadryl
  8. Pinterest
  9. My ability to organize, innovate, and create
  10. My ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve--whether the situation is technology-based or not
  11. A husband who believes in me, but isn't afraid to redirect me when needed
  12. Springtime
  13. Fun, caring, and inspiring in-laws
  14. My research abilities
  15. A large, grassy backyard where my son can run off his energy
  16. My ability to learn and adapt easily
  17. A grill & a husband who knows how to use it
  18. Indoor plumbing (we went camping last weekend)
  19. Arizona wildflowers
  20. Knowing this life is just the beginning