Sunday, March 17, 2013

LIFE: A Project-Oriented Approach

A few weeks ago, I discovered I hated my leisure time. Why, you ask? Because I was spending most of it zoned out in front of the TV, watching episode after episode of some uninspired sitcom or dopey children's show, or running around the house, doing the same cleaning the same rooms in the same way week after week. I was bored, mentally stifled, and disappointed in myself. It was time for a change.

The solution?

Projects.

I decided to complete one project each Saturday, whether it was organizing a closet, doing a craft, or weeding the yard. Once that project was completed, I could spend the day doing whatever I wanted. More often than not, what I want to do is more projects--I do, after all, thrive on a sense of accomplishment.

The result?

I am happier.

I am seldom bored, frequently challenged, and rarely disappointed in myself. As an added bonus, I am spending more time with my son doing the things he wants to do--helping me, learning to be independent, and most importantly, not watching television.

Curious about my projects?

Stay tuned to this blog or follow me via Pinterest. I promise to share pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. I just laughed when you said more projects cause that is me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of many reasons we are friends...someday, we should make a list! But we're going to need a lot of paper...

      Delete