Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer To-Do List Update #3

I am so proud of myself right now. Summer is nearing its end (for me, anyway), and I know I have accomplished so much! Writing my to-do list back in June was the one of the smartest things I've done recently, and that's saying something (not that I'm one to brag).

After reading a friend's goals for July, I realized my focus needed to be the "less-fun" items on my to-do list. Since I mentioned that on her blog, it made it much easier for me to stay motivated and follow-through on some nagging items from the list. Of course, I made sure to leave plenty of time for the fun options as well.

Here is what I have been up to since my last update:

  • Went camping in northern Arizona with my son and husband (#35)
  • Repaired two dry-wall holes (#6)
  • Repaired holes in the pantry and my son's bedroom doors (#7)
  • Designed and hung gallery wall in family room, although I can't paint the frames until it cools off (#10)
  • Nearly finished Brannon's fourth Shutterfly book (#30)
  • Hung bath photos of Brannon to finish his bathroom (#3)
  • Bought the hardware and other supplies for my clothesline (#12)
  • Wrote & posted a lengthy DIY bulletin board tutorial (a bit of #14 and #71 combined)
  • Made & hung an awesome and almost-entirely-handmade wreath for my front door (#24)
  • Decided not to sign Brannon up for swim classes this summer--which still counts (#26)
  • Continued do kid-pins with Brannon, even while camping (#27)
  • Finished reading The Bean Trees so I can complete a text-analysis on it (#34)
  • Chose a date for our family photo session and procured cardboard for the "ohana" sign I plan to make for it (#37)
  • Helped my husband kick-off Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet, which he definitely appreciated (#31)
  • Read The Perks of Being a Wallflower (#33)
  • Reviewed a few letters with Brannon--he knows more than I realized (#38)
  • Completed 3-4 projects from my project drawer (#57)
  • Deep-cleaned shower and tub stalls, although I still need to tackle the shower doors (#63)
  • Visited my dad (#69)
  • Nagged my husband to take care of our NSP residence verification (#66)
  • Made a decision about my birthday gift from my dad, but I haven't taken action on it just yet (#68)
  • Tried lots of new recipes, including this delicious gluten- and dairy-free coconut ice cream (#32)
Quite the list, am I right?

PS: Literally while I was typing this, my husband brought me my back-to-school letter from my boss: Monday, August 5 is my report date. I told you summer was ending!